Eid Al Fitr: Royal Pardon for 1518 People
On the occasion of Eid Al Fitr, His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God assist Him, granted His pardon to 1518 people, sentenced by different Moroccan courts, said a statement by the Ministry of Justice.
+ The detained beneficiaries of the Royal Pardon are 1270 and are divided into:
- 411 prisoners were pardoned from their remaining prison sentence.
- 858 prisoners who had their prison terms reduced.
- 1 inmate who had his prison sentence commuted from life imprisonment to fixed prison term.
+ The free beneficiaries of the Royal Pardon are 231 persons and are divided into:
- 61 people benefited from pardon over their prison sentences or remaining prison terms.
- 08 people benefited from pardon over their imprisonment terms while their fines were maintained..
- 156 people people had their fines annulled.
- 04 individuals had both their imprisonment terms and fines annulled.
- 02 persons had their fines and remaining prison terms annulled.
On this glorious occasion, His Majesty the King, may God preserve Him, has kindly granted His Pardon to prisoners convicted in cases of extremism and terrorism, who have obtained the royal approval after officially expressing their attachment to the unwavering and sacred constants of the Nation and national institutions, revising their ideological orientations and rejecting extremism and terrorism.
They are 17 persons and are divided into:
- 05 inmates who benefited from pardon over their remaining prison terms.
- 05 prisoners who had their prison terms and their fines annulled.
- 06 prisoners who had their prison terms reduced.
- 01 person had his fine annulled.
Royal pardon is customary in Morocco to mark national and religious holidays.
MAP: 21 avril 2023